Date:      Sat, 02 Feb 2002 11:25:09 -0800
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: articles/releng/Makefile not OBJDIR-clean

If memory serves me right, Murray Stokely wrote:
> Committed, thanks!

This is good.

Here's another oddity...when one goes to make a (you guessed it!) PDF
file, it looks like doc.images.mk doesn't know how to deal with the case
where a *.eps file was generated (i.e. it doesn't live in ${.CURDIR},
but it lives in ${.OBJDIR} instead).  So far I have seen this in exactly
one place, which is (you guessed it!) the releng article.

I'm not sure what the right solution is.  I thought of changing IMAGES
to read:

	IMAGES=	${.OBJDIR}/branches.eps

But this doesn't work because doc.images.mk wants to slap ${.CURDIR} on
the front of this anyways.

Bruce.

PS.  I swear to ${DIETY}, I'm not hunting for these problems...they're
just showing up.  :-)

PS.  In case you're wondering, I'm working on a side project in my (ha!)
spare time to make a "doc release" ISO, which contains html, txt, and
pdf versions of the doc/ tree, or at least as much of it as I can get to
build.  It's roughly analogous to "cd / usr/src/release; make release",
but for doc/.  The en docs are mostly fine, not sure how well the
toolchain can handle non-en docs.