Date:      Fri, 05 Nov 1999 11:00:04 +0100
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: GCC 2.95.2 testing

David O'Brien wrote:

> I've got GCC 2.95.2 working as the base compiler.  It is still a little
> rough, but I wanted to put it in more hands for testing.

If it doesn't interfere with my current work, then I'll get to it ASAP.
I already have some fixes for the current binutils and egcs WRT to
cross-compilation that I like to test on GCC 2.95.2, because building an
Alpha world on i386 triggers a bug in egcs. If gcc 2.95.2 doesn't have
that bug, then I for one don't have to chase it :-)

> The i386 doesn't fair as well.  GENERIC can only be compiled if `ahc0' is
> removed.  This is a call to IA-32 ASM experts to find a fix.

Ok, thanks. It should trigger on my system then...

--
Marcel Moolenaar                        mailto:marcel@scc.nl
SCC Internetworking & Databases           http://www.scc.nl/