Date:      Sun, 03 Jan 1999 12:09:18 -0500
From:      Martin Reemer <linknull@earthlink.net>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Modem reccomendation

Initially, let me admit right up front that I am a complete newbie and am
pretty much ignorant. I've been using MS Windows for years. By accident
some months ago I started reading the Jargon File and had an epiphany about
my ignorance re: computers and decided to dive in.

One partitioned HD and FreeBSD 2.2.7 later, I discovered exactly what a
WinModem is. No flames, please, I'm horrified enough at the concept.

Can anyone reccomend a decent and possibly inexpensive modem choice for PPP
in FBSD 2.2.7? Just looking for some guidance re: model and vendor. All
advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Everyone's an asshole. Especially me.
The Inner Swine