Date:      Thu, 29 Jan 1998 19:44:29 -0800
From:      "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
To:        Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, current <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Building EGCS. What am I missing?

>Yes yes yes!  Thanks so much to those who finally got egcs fully working
>on FreeBSD.  Perhaps a pgcc port should be created (just tweak the egcs
>patches and add the egcs to pgcc patch), and the maintainer of the pgcc
>web page notified (The fbsd info is way out of date).
>
>Linux: The Microsoft Windows(tm) of the Unix(tm) world.

As someone who works daily with different versions of "Windows" which
differ greatly, let me assure you that Linux is the Windows 95 of the
Unix world.

  Michael L. VanLoon    mvanloon@exmsft.com    michaelv@MindBender.serv.net
      Contract software development for Windows NT, Windows 95 and Unix.
             Windows NT and Unix server development in C++ and C.