Date:      Thu, 24 Mar 2005 09:39:21 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Stephen Matlick <smatlick@hordehost.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Courier-IMAP not starting

I am running FreeBSD 5.3, MySQL 4.1, and Postfix 2.0.  All of these are
running fine (I have also set up Postfix Admin on a separate box from
Postfix and MySQL and that runs fine also - connects to the db without any
issues, etc.).

I am trying to set up Courier-IMAP now; I installed it, created
authmysqlrc, and have followed the instructions I have found on setting it
up from searches on the Net.  However, the app just won't start.  When I
run imapd.sh or impad-ssl.sh I get:

/usr/local/bin .: Permission denied.

I am new to all of this, so I'm not sure what I need to chmod (if
anything), etc.  I even logged in as root to try running the scripts and
get the same error, so I'm guessing it's the script file itself that
doesn't have permissions to the directory?

Any help is appreciated.