Date:      Mon, 14 May 2001 12:04:24 -0500
From:      Matt Hetherington <matt@flowtrading.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problem Installing 2nd LinkSys LNE100TX NIC on FreeBSD 4.3-RELEAS E

I just installed FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE via FTP.  My intention is to build a
router/firewall, but cannot get the 2nd NIC to be recognized by FreeBSD.

I am running on Intel platform with 2 LinkSys LNE100TX 10/100 PCI NICs.
After (and during) the installation, the 1st of the two LinkSys NICs is
recognized as dc0 and functions properly, but the 2nd NIC is never
initialized.  Since the LinkSys NICs are PCI, I assumed both would be
"automatically" recognized.  Since they were not, I am searching for the
steps necessary to get both LinkSys NICs working.

Can anyone point me to a doc that describes how to configure 2 LinkSys
LNE100TX cards to run on the same machine under FreeBSD?  Or, can someone
provide confirmation that this configuration is not supported under FreeBSD?