Date:      Mon, 5 Aug 1996 00:21:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      James FitzGibbon <james@nexis.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Opinions of port vs package please

I have a question with regards to building a PLIST for a port which is
interactive.

Let's say the port allows you to choose which binaries it will build.
When making the package, I plan to build all the binaries rather than
second guess the people using it.  So, I put all the installed binaries
into the PLIST.  Now, if the program is installed as a port rather than a
package, the list of installed files might be incorrect, depending on
which binaries that person chose to install.

What's the best course of action here ?  Let it be, and deal with the
possible "File doesn't really exist" messages during a pkg_delete ?  Or
use an interactive de-install script in the uninstall ?

--
j.

| James FitzGibbon                                         james@nexis.net |
| Integrator, The Nexis Group                     Voice/Fax : 416 410-0100 |