Date:      Sun, 18 Mar 2001 15:13:45 +0200
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@sunbay.com>
To:        Niklas <scream@home.se>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: natd and FTP-transfers.

On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 11:30:44PM +0100, Niklas wrote:
> Hi, im having problems with a computer running freebsd 4.2.
> it has two NICs, one for my ADSL modem and one for my switch.
> I just got natd up and running. its working fine besides  ftp transfers from
> Computers that have this computer as gateway.
> The programs stop transferring after 8192 bytes or so.

This may be caused by a third-party's misconfigured router blocking
ICMP traffic.  Take a look at ports/net/tcpmssd.

[...]
> And by the way,  how do i get incoming ICQ filetranfers to work?
> And  i want to forward the ftp requests to my workstations ftp-server.

I was recently looking into making ICQ module for libalias(3).  Unfortunately,
all the info I have collected so far is limited to the ICQ protocols 3 and 5,
and they use UDP between client and server.  But when I tried tcpdump(1) with
the newer Mirabilis clients, they use TCP to communicate to the server and,
what's worse, the destination TCP port is choosen randomly, so it is
practically impossible to say if the packet belongs to ICQ or not.

Cheers,
--
Ruslan Ermilov		Oracle Developer/DBA,
ru@sunbay.com		Sunbay Software AG,