Date:      Thu, 22 Feb 2007 11:38:17 +1030
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Supported graphics card on X11.

--nextPart1868038.7EhhvTWpnE

On Wednesday 21 February 2007 19:08, Yann Golanski wrote:
> I know, this should be more a question for the folks at Xorg but still.
> Does FreeBSD support the "Sapphire ATI Radeon X1950 Pro ULTIMATE SILENT"
> card?

The support is up to X.org not FreeBSD.

> Is there anywhere that I can find which cards are support with Xorg?
> I find the main web site is rather obtuse.

Indeed :)

I have an X1950 in my desktop system, the only driver that supports it is t=
he=20
VESA one (which is very slow). According to the X.org devs no X1000+ Radeon=
=20
chipset works with the open source driver :(

If you are running i386 there is a hacky port of the fglrx driver -=20
http://www.fglrx-freebsd.com/index.php - it worked for me in my old system=
=20
(i386/Radeon X800) but my new system is amd64 so I can't use it. Hopefully=
=20
the guy will be able to create an amd64 version soon.

=2D-=20
are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum