Date:      Thu, 13 May 2010 16:05:35 -0400
From:      "Robert N. M. Watson" <rwatson@freebsd.org>
To:        Tom Evans <tevans.uk@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: GrandCentralDispatch in FreeBSD?

On 13 May 2010, at 10:21, Tom Evans wrote:

> I saw today that you've written a proof of concept MPM for apache in
> GCD [1] - are there any plans to port GCD to FreeBSD?

Hi Tom--

Actually, I also ported GCD to FreeBSD last year, and developed the MPM =
on FreeBSD/GCD :-). It requires a post-8.0 version of 8-STABLE, and then =
libdispatch port + clang compiler. You can find out more here:

  http://wiki.freebsd.org/GCD

The clang dependency is due to C Blocks, and we have an unpatched gcc so =
gcc-compiled applications can't use blocks.

Robert=