Date:      Fri, 10 May 1996 09:30:03 +0200
From:      "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        freebsd-current@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: -current kernel panics

I didn't notice that my / FS was at 103% due to some kernels and
other stuff that had cumulated in / and /root.

After bringing that back to normal conditions the same kernel (newly
built though) didn't panic.

I was doing a mv kernel /kernel ; sync ; reboot frequently at that time
and may be there is some strangeness when the root file system is full
such that not all pages are flushed or something leaving an unusable kernel
in / though I think it shouldn't behave that strange or at least resort
with an error message. I will still try to reproduce it.