Date:      Tue, 10 May 2005 13:58:32 -0500
From:      bazzoola <bazzoola@gmail.com>
To:        Jose M Rodriguez <josemi@freebsd.jazztel.es>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sysinstall new disc layout in 5.4 RELEASE

Jose M Rodriguez wrote:

>El Martes, 10 de Mayo de 2005 18:15, Freddie Cash escribió:
>

>>On May 10, 2005 02:35 am, bazzoola wrote:
>>

>>>First, thanks for all the people who took the time and effort to
>>>make this happen :)
>>>
>>>I just finished downloading the images thru torrents. I burned both
>>>i386 disc one and two then installed 5.4. Everything worked fine as
>>>usual.
>>>

>>CD1 is the installation CD.  This includes about 400 MB of
>>pre-compiled packages that can be installed.
>>
>>CD2 is a LiveCD mainly meant for rescue situations via sysinstall's
>>"Fixit" feature.
>>

>Not Any more.  Now Install/LiveCD/Rescue is done by disc1, which include
>also the packages needed by sysinstall.
>
>disc2 is a collection of aditional packages that, at last in the i386
>case, include the full gnome/kde ports (Not lite).
>
>--
>  josemi

I know I do not have any problems with the new disc layout. All I am
saying was:
1- I installed the FreeBSD 5.4 i386 on the system without any problems.
2- After I finished installing. I decided to install other packages so I
ran sysinstall
3- when I ran sysinstall disc2 was inserted (it was just there)
4- I chose the new packages to install like expat, apache, portupgrade,
portsnap, etc.
5- sysinstall installed the packages from disc2 then showed a msg that
expat is located on disc1 and requested disc1
6- I inserted disc1 to fulfill the request and it installed the packages.
7- an error msg showed up saying that apache cannot be found on the
media and it failed to install.

I know that apache is on disc2. All I was saying that sysinstall should
have asked for disc2 to be inserted like it did for disc1.
All I did to fix this (obviously) I ran sysinstall again with disc2
inserted and it installed it.
So, should this be considered a bug in sysinstall because it didnt ask
for the disc even tho it should have known that it is located on disc2.

bazzoola