Date:      Fri, 7 Jul 2000 15:58:16 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Adam <bsdx@looksharp.net>
To:        Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: stray interrupts in 4.0

On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, Dennis wrote:

>IRQ7
>[snip]
>

>>Generally this message indicates that you have hardware in the system
>>that is not signalling interrupts correctly.
>
>great, so intel doesnt know how to make MBs with their own parts...so how
>can the message be turned off. Its using more resources printing the
>message thsn the "stray interrupts" themselves.
>
>DB

If you *have* an lpt controller and dont need the IRQ you could turn it on
and enable the lpt driver in the kernel, that usually seems to take care
of it on systems I had this message on.  For this reason I usually leave
lpt stuff enabled on systems even I'm unlikely to need the parallel port..
The other obvious alternative is to grep for it in the source and comment
the printf.