Date:      Sun, 29 Sep 2002 13:25:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Wesley Morgan <morganw@chemikals.org>
To:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Frode Nordahl <frode@nordahl.net>, walt <wa1ter@hotmail.com>, <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>, <anholt@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: XFree86 crash, Bezier thing (was Re: Is phk rewriting the kernel over the weekend?)

Does this bug effect -stable? It only showed up in -current recently.
Isn't it a bigger chance that something on the FreeBSD side made this bug
much more visible?

On Sun, 29 Sep 2002, Maxim Sobolev wrote:

> I think it should be fixed in FreeBSD ports before 4.7, because it
> is really annoying when server crashes without any particular
> reason.
>
> Eric, what do you think about it?
>
> -Maxim
>
> On Sun, Sep 29, 2002 at 03:17:41PM +0200, Frode Nordahl wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > On Sun, 2002-09-29 at 14:51, walt wrote:
> > [snip]
> > >
> > > I wonder if it could find the very annoying crashes in the X server.
> > >
> > > --
> > > I'm sick of hearing about how big my Beziers are!

> > http://www.xfree86.org/pipermail/xpert/2002-June/018300.html
> >
> > Seems like this won't get fixed until XFree86 4.3.0, but the bug seems
> > to be in the "Type1" font handler only. (a call to abort())
> >
> > I have removed it from my XFree86 config now, and I'm hoping for no more
> > Bezier crashes :)
> >

> > Mvh,
> > Frode Nordahl

> > with "unsubscribe freebsd-current" in the body of the message

          Wesley N Morgan                       _ __ ___ | _ ) __|   \
          morganw@chemikals.org                     _ __ | _ \._ \ |) |
          FreeBSD: The Power To Serve                  _ |___/___/___/