Date:      Mon, 3 Dec 2001 03:52:49 -0500
From:      David Banning <david@skytrackercanada.com>
To:        Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        David Banning <david@skytrackercanada.com>, Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mouse not working in one direction

> Try:
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>     Identifier  "Mouse0"
>     Driver      "mouse"
>     Option      "Protocol" "auto"
>     Option      "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
>     Option "Buttons"     "5"
> EndSection
>
> and make sure moused is running:
>
> moused -z 4 -p /dev/psm0 -t auto
>
> and it should work fine.  You could probably leave out the -z 4 and
> "Buttons" "5" stuff, but, if you have a wheel mouse, it makes things
> nice.

It works. I am grateful.

What I don't understand, is why it does not work the way it -was-
configured. I went from a pentium 100 to a 1.3 Gig speed machine.
A 686 kernel was the only change I made.

Then I put the hard drive back in the original box, and using my old
586 kernel fired it up, and got this mouse problem.
I get the idea that you gave me a work-around, which is fine. I just
wonder how the actual problem came to be.

Thanks again for your help. I am productive again...