Date:      Thu, 15 May 2003 18:39:41 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Michael J. Pelletier" <mjpelletier@mjpelletier.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ia64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Quick question ia64 vs amd 32/64

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 08:56:09PM -0400, Michael J. Pelletier wrote:
> 1) Which architecture is currently supported more Intel or AMD?

Intel IA-64

> 2) Which architecture will be maturely supported first by FreeBSD?

IMHO, AMD64.  Note I am biased though.  Today more committers have AMD64
boxes than IA-64, much less 6 mo. from now.  The AMD64 platform has a
much more common i386 architecture and can share i386's packages.

> In your option which architecture is better and why?

AMD64, but again I'm strongly biased and this question should be taken to
chat@freebsd.org

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)