Date:      Fri, 3 Jul 1998 08:35:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        hoek@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, hoek@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/7145

Synopsis: new qmail port (including all necessary files to build qmail's pop3d)

Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-ports->hoek
Responsible-Changed-By: hoek
Responsible-Changed-When: Fri Jul 3 08:22:36 PDT 1998
Responsible-Changed-Why:
Oh, gee.  Only the fifth qmail port.

Incidentally, this is what it looks like right now: everything, docs
and manpages installs into /var/qmail/ (or optionally any other dir/).
It's technically quite possible to split this up, or even split queue/
away, or to split bin/ away, but because /usr/local/ may be NFS mounted
to machines that that have different versions of qmail (or not at all),
it seems best to keep everything on one partition.  (This hits those with
a small /var/, of course).

One port change alias to qalias, and nofiles to qnofiles, but I've undone
this.

Dan Bernstein seems to think that the port should install the
pre-formatted manpages (actually, he seems to think a lot of things).
I don't seem to think that.

That, and a complication in package-building introduced by the way qmail
installs itself in 1.03, are the only things that need to be solved
before I (finally) import the @#$# qmail port.

Incidentally, do we have any standard way of adding something to
MANPATH (or manpath.config)?

.