Date:      Tue, 17 Nov 2009 18:51:14 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?D=E1nielisz_L=E1szl=F3?= <laszlo_danielisz@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hdd voltage

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 09:43:04 -0800 (PST), D=E1nielisz L=E1szl=F3 <laszlo_da=
nielisz@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm looking for a tool to measure the exactly power consumiton
> (voltage and amper) of my hdd, cpu and ram on FreeBSD.=20
> Do you have any idea?

Not exactly every item, but there are tools in the ports,
such as mbmon and xmbmon that allow you to monitor several
voltages (as well as other parameters, such as temperature
or fan speed, if they are transmitted to the OS).

By the way, I'm not sure the issue you described points
to too less power; my workstation is full of hard disks
and old SCSI stuff, and I'm fine with a 235 W PSU (no
joke) in long-term usage and I/O stress situations.

--=20
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany
Happy FreeBSD user since 4.0