Date:      Tue, 25 Apr 2000 09:15:53 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@yogotech.com>
To:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@yogotech.com>, Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>, FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Archive pruning

> On Mon, 24 Apr 2000, Nate Williams wrote:
> > I'm violently opposed to removing it completely.  The only thing I
> > wouldn't be violently opposed to would be removing 'Attic' files (truly
> > unused file), and having them stored away somewhere in the tree for
> > archival purposes.
>
> You realize that its possible to setup your local repo to drop these
> right?  (Attic files that is.)

Sure, but many of the Attic files in the tree are actually files that
are on an older branch that I'm currently using.  I don't want to spend
the time to figure out which files are 'unused' and whiche files are
'used but unused'. ;)

(Once CVS removes a file and sticks it in the Attic, it *never* is
removed from the Attic, even if it's added back into active status
again.)

Nate