Date:      Tue, 4 Feb 2014 06:21:01 -0500
From:      Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>
To:        CeDeROM <cederom@tlen.pl>
Cc:        Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>, freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org, FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: VirtualBox 4.3.6 keyboard repeats keystrokes
References:  <CAFYkXjkFywMtbLkgJ=Mu==mLrONHhzBd5urGzR61LFLEPf8CTA@mail.gmail.com> <CAN6yY1sHA8RSJP=5iUfxmwG1_fJZr6VNw3O2HzjbyFUxjxJuHw@mail.gmail.com> <CAGBxaXm0f1-E0EGUrm0iEt_ewMC1rnCdTj-XYqP9SxMN4AHPVA@mail.gmail.com> <CAN6yY1ukn=Gi73XDCy%2BuTpnXMO_-XJFgDf1iajf4NAauDZkYfA@mail.gmail.com> <CAGBxaXn9xMh_ur8gQqz16rvh4J=%2BMUkVwdwp42QxbJ%2B0Pe8iEg@mail.gmail.com> <CAFYkXjmMUeH0WyAuk4Cex6riNCSFtfEd4fcQXhRjZHRwidLj9w@mail.gmail.com>

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 5:27 AM, CeDeROM <cederom@tlen.pl> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 8:01 AM, Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 1:36 AM, Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> I only have tried VB, but I just realized that the problem is either an
> upstream VB issue or an issue with the RDP implementation in rdesktop.
> >> I just realized that I see the same issue when connected to a Linux
> Mint VB client running on a Windows7 system.  The only common FreeBSD
> involvement is that it us the RDP client.
> > If you have VNC enabled VM's (if I remember right it is a vbox option)
> do they behave the same way?
>
> No Remote Desktop nor VNC enabled in my setup...

Try the following test (the idea is attempt to isolate to either RDP or
vbox):

1. Install some random OS under a different hypervisor (front end) [vbox is
a odd combo hyperv and front end] see if you have similar problems (note to
the peanut gallery this the *ONLY* reason I suggested petitecloud in the
first place is to make it possible to quickly run this test [all other
tests are run on vbox].. namely a manually set up hypervisor is fine also)
2. Install VNC on both host and client
3. See how it behaves via VNC with RDP enabled
4. Repeat test 2 with no RDP (VNC only)

Repeat the above for each host in question (for linux your on your own for
a few days since PC using Linux as a host doesn't have anything beyond
developer support for linux as a host)