Date:      Thu, 5 Nov 1998 22:46:57 -0700 (MST)
From:      Doug Russell <drussell@saturn-tech.com>
To:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux "best of breed?"

On Thu, 5 Nov 1998, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> To put it another way, if people devoted themselves to the process of
> conducting their own advocacy efforts with the same energies I've seen
> them devote to freaking out about Linux's own efforts or screaming
> about falling chunks of sky, we'd have the BSD daemon on the cover of
> Time Magazine by now.

Amen!

Please, everyone.  When you have an idea, no matter how small or
insignificant it may seem.  GO FOR IT.  We must.  We MUST!

I'm in the process of drawing up some signs and banners to put in out
reception area at the office.  I'm ordering some CDs from Walnut Creek to
have right there for all those who walk in our door and ask "What on earth
is THAT?!".  Well, my friends.  Say hello to the Daemon.  :)

Even the little things help.  Even if it's a FreeBSD poster you put on
your office wall, or a sticker on your car, or whatever you can think of.

Write an article.  Talk to your local news stations!  Go have a chat with
your friendly neighborhood computer book store.  Run an ad in your local
paper.  School paper.  University free classified ads.  Start a users
group.

I should have dressed as a daemon for Halloween.....

EVERY BIT HELPS.

Do it.  Do it.  Do it!

Later......						<Doug>

ps:  Sorry, Nike.  :)