Date:      Fri, 8 Sep 1995 20:09:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        Justin Seger <shorty@iii.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Network problems, please assist

On Fri, 8 Sep 1995, Justin Seger wrote:

> I've managed to contect FreeBSD to the internet, and I've managed to telnet to
> this machine from another machine on my LAN via an ethernet card, but I can't
> telnet from the other machine to a machine on the internet.  Could someone assist
> me in fixing this?  Thanks in advance.

make sure you have a default router declared in your /etc/sysconfig file...
there probablly is a line that reads "defaultrouter=NO"  you need to
change the no to the name/ip address of your router that goes to the rest
of internet...  usally it will be x.x.x.1...  hope this helps... TTYL..

John-Mark

gurney_j@efn.org
Modem/FAX: (503) 683-6954   (FreeBSD Box)

Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD (unix)