Date:      Tue, 4 Sep 2001 09:46:20 -0400
From:      "Tranchant, Mark (M.A.)" <mtranch2@ford.com>
To:        "'ports@FreeBSD.org'" <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   wrong ftpq version!

I maintain ftpq:

http://www.tranchant.freeserve.co.uk/ftpq.html

FreeBSD has been keeping its port of this up to date for a long time. However, I've recently split the development into a stable and a development branch. Despite warnings all over my web page, you guys have taken the unstable 1.10 version for your port.

Please don't do this - stick with 1.04 (needs a similar patch to move sys/types.h up the #include order), or wait 24 hours and pull down 1.05, which should compile without modification.

How can I ensure you take an appropriate stable version in future, whilst still releasing very unstable evaluation and development versions?

Thanks,

--
Mark Tranchant
ftpq@tranchant.freeserve.co.uk