Date:      09 Mar 1999 10:03:31 -0500
From:      Chris Shenton <chris@shenton.org>
To:        mjacob@feral.com
Cc:        tom@tomqnx.com, scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.1-STABLE: nrsa0 T4000 doesn't honor "no rewind"? SCSI errs in  logs

[Changed CC from hackers@ to scsi@  --chris]

Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com> writes:

> What errors? And what 'does not honor'? I know that Tom Torrance claimed
> this happened- which I can't reproduce.

I posted them in the previous message. It was on a 3.1-STABLE system
built from source cvsupped about 3 days ago.  Here's what dmesg says:

(sa0:ahc0:0:5:0): SPACE. CDB: 11 1 ff ff ff 0
(sa0:ahc0:0:5:0): ILLEGAL REQUEST asc:2c,0
(sa0:ahc0:0:5:0): Command sequence error
(sa0:ahc0:0:5:0): unable to backspace over one of double filemarks at EOD- opting for safety

This occurs just after a dump completes and says "closing device sa0",
before the next dump begins. So it overwrites each dump file due to
the rewind.

I don't see the PREVENT/ALLOW messages that Tom cites, but he's right
about not seeing the messages if you're using an Xterm; I missed 'em
for a day.

Is there anything I can do to help locate the source of the bug?