Date:      Mon, 8 Jan 2001 16:30:30 +0100
From:      Udo Erdelhoff <ue@nathan.ruhr.de>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Strange <!-- <br> --> sequences

Hi Nik,
> > [strange <!-- <br> ---> sequences
> > What's the stroy behind them?
>
> If any remain in comments it's probably as a reminder that a break was
> intended, and the person converting from LinuxDoc to DocBook should
> check the formatted output, to ensure that the break does occur (and
> tweak the stylesheets as necessary if it doesn't).

well, I do not know who converted the english version of the FAQ from
LinuxDoc to Docbook but he or she forgot them. The <br>-comments have
been there since day 1 and the current version and they haven't been
removed in the current version of the FAQ (revision 1.135).

The break doesn't occur and the stylesheets haven't been modified, either.
Check the "Books about FreeBSD" section in the preface. More precisly
the listing of the old 4.4 BSD books.

I've fixed the german translation of the FAQ by using tables.
Yodel if you'd like an adaption for the english version.

/s/Udo
--
"I don't want to run a company. I'm not good at managing people.
You have a problem with the guy in the next cubicle?