Date:      Fri, 30 Jan 1998 16:49:24 +1030 (CST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        Ron Bolin <rlb@mindspring.com>
Subject:   Re: Current and X11R6 3.3 get Signal 11 abort

On Thu, 29 Jan 1998, Ron Bolin wrote:

> I am getting X server abort errors after running X  for about 3 hours
> with a signal 11.
> Anybody else seen this. I never experienced this before this month.

I have been getting similar problems with recent versions of current - I
reverted back to a source tree from Dec 23 (what was reported as the
"most recent stable current") and didnt seem to have any problems, but
when I resupped to the latest tree a few days ago after the reports that
things were fixed, my troubles started again. As it stands for me, it's
touch and go whether things like ports will compile fully in one go
without coredumping, which makes it annoying to do things like a whole make
world :)

John mentioned a few days ago that he's starting to suspect some of his
changes had some unforseen side-effects for Pentium systems. I think I'll
revert to the older kernel again to confirm that my problems are
software, and not hardware-related, and hopefully this will be fixed soon :)

Kris

> Thanks
>
> Ron
>
> --
> Ron Bolin, Sr. Software Eng, NetChannel     Web: http://www.netchannel.net
> E-mail: rbolin@netchannel.net               Web: http://www.gsu.edu/~gs01rlb
> Ph: 770-729-2929 Ext 249 Hm: 770-992-8877   Web: http://www.mindspring.com/~rlb

 WOWBO     /\  .      Through the darkness of future past,     /\  .     BWOWB
 OBWOW    /##\/#\          The Magician longs to see.         /##\/#\    BOBWO
 WBOBW   /       \     One chance out between two worlds,    /       \   OWBOB
 WOWBO  /         \           Fire, Walk with me!           /         \  BWOWB