Date:      Wed, 11 Nov 1998 15:53:45 +0100 (CET)
From:      Reinier Bezuidenhout <Reinier.Bezuidenhout@KryptoKom.DE>
To:        dg@root.com
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, grog@lemis.com, Reinier.Bezuidenhout@KryptoKom.DE@Cirdan.KryptoKom.DE, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Malloc in the kernel "conical" panic

Hi ....

Ok .. so here I am, sitting with the conical hat .... the
double panic was not caused by the malloc ... :) something I
did wrong ....

The malloc seemed to have worked fine ... the only thing that still
bothers me, is why I got data blocks of 1024 entries in the array
of pointers being zero'd ....

It seems that with the one big malloc I just avoid the problem as
I still don't know who/what was zero'ing the entires when doing
a malloc, mcopy, free using malloc and M_DEVBUF, WAIT_OK ...

Reinier