Date:      Mon, 23 Aug 2004 10:21:30 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren_Schmidt?= <sos@DeepCore.dk>
To:        Vaidas Damosevicius <vd@vmunix.lt>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recent ATA changes break Thinkpad T40p

Vaidas Damosevicius wrote:
>=20
> On Sun, 22 Aug 2004, S=F8ren Schmidt wrote:
>=20
>>> This is *not* a controller problem, its because the CDROM drive has=20
>>> buggy firmware that responds to both master and slave selection :(
>>

>> OK, I have committed a workaround for those buggers to -current...
>>
>> (for those that uses 5.3 just take your ATA driver upto -current)
>>
>=20
> Well, after cvsup and kernel rebuild I have the same problems:
>=20
> ad0: WARNING - WRITE_DMA interrupt was seen but timeout fired LBA=3D527=
38515
> ad0: WARNING - WRITE_DMA interrupt was seen but timeout fired LBA=3D527=
38515
> ad0: WARNING - WRITE_DMA interrupt was seen but taskqueue stalled=20
> LBA=3D52738515
>=20
> ... and my system "hangs" - I can't login, I can't shutdown it - only=20
> turn off :(

So you suffer from that "other" possibly non-ATA problem and not the=20
"fake slave" one?

If you had provided a dmesg from the system, preferably from the kernel=20
that fails, I could maybe tell you more...

Does backstepping only /sys/dev/ata to say aug 1st help ?(leave the rest =

of the kernel uptodate).

-S=F8ren