Date:      Sat, 17 Jul 1999 10:48:28 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        "Francisco Reyes" <freyes@inch.com>, "chat@FreeBSD.ORG" <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Borland considering UNIX ports

At 09:03 AM 7/17/99 -0400, Francisco Reyes wrote:

 >On the Unix distribution I marked Other and wrote "FreeBSD running
>Linux apps) :-)
>

> >Comment on the form mentioned above and maybe it'll happen.
>
>Although it would be nice if they port to FreeBSD/BSD too it would be
>great even if they just do the Linux as long as one can run it under
>FreeBSD.

One nice thing about Borland is that they tend to publish source for
their RTLs and let you recompile them. In theory, at least, one could
redo the RTLs to make native FreeBSD syscalls. Of course, Borland would
have to recompile its product to make it truly native. Again, whether
they do this would depend upon demand....

--Brett