Date:      Wed, 27 Aug 2014 11:25:30 -0400
From:      Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        George Neville-Neil <gnn@neville-neil.com>
Cc:        netperf-users@freebsd.org, netperf-admin@FreeBSD.org, Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Subject:   Re: zoo downtime 09:00-12:00 EST Wednesday 27 August 2014

--ai3I8gwHc37+ASRI

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 11:21:01AM -0400, George Neville-Neil wrote:
> Howdy,
>=20
> We're going to be doing some work on zoo to bring it into a closer alignm=
ent
> with how the
> rest of the FreeBSD infrastructure  works.  This downtime will be from 09=
:00
> until 12:00 on
> Wednesday August 27th.  Please do NOT log into zoo at that time, even if
> that appears possible,
> as the host will be in a transitional state.
>=20

The maintenance on zoo is complete.

The main objective of this maintenance window was to diagnose and
correct an issue with user directories, in particular /usr/home/$USER
directories that did not contain the expected data.

The issue was a conflicting mount point for /usr/home between two
separate datasets, specifically:

 o zroot/loginhome/$USER mounts to /home/$USER
 o /home/$USER is a symlink to /usr/home/$USER
 o zroot/usr/home mounts to /usr/home, on top the existing contents

As a precautionary measure, the original zroot/usr/home mountpoint has
been changed to /oldhome in case there is data that is needed since the
new machine has been installed.

Further preparation will be needed in order to bring this machine into
alignment with the rest of the FreeBSD.org cluster, and an appropriate
heads-up will be given when this transition is to take place.

Glen

--ai3I8gwHc37+ASRI

--ai3I8gwHc37+ASRI--