Date:      Fri, 18 Sep 1998 14:32:34 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@jade.chc-chimes.com>
To:        Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG, jfitz@FreeBSD.ORG, ivan-freeside@sisd.com
Subject:   Re: freeside CGI patch (fwd)

--0-1929661467-906143554=:11861

On Fri, 18 Sep 1998, Ivan Kohler wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Sep 1998, Bill Fumerola wrote:
>
> > how important is having CGI-modules installed with the patch. The FreeBSD
> > ports tree already has this module (www/p5-CGI) setup.
>
> I believe that is CGI.pm, which is different than CGI-modules.

billf@jade$ pwd
/usr/ports/www/p5-CGI
billf@jade$ cat Makefile |grep DISTNAME
DISTNAME=       CGI-modules-2.76
billf@jade$ cat pkg/PLIST |grep Base
lib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/CGI/Base.pm

Base.pm is the file being patched, so I think p5-CGI is the correct
FreeBSD package/port.

> > Also, if that patch is applied, will it break other things, or is it just
> > something that should have been done anyways?
> Probably something that should have been done anyways.  I'd be surprised
> if it breaks anything else.

I'm including your patch in this email and cc'ing the freebsd ports team
in the p5-CGI maintainer in hopes that he will include this patch and
commit it so I don't have to dupe his stuff and include it in my port for
a two word change.

thank you,

- bill fumerola [root/billf]@chc-chimes.com - computer horizons corp -
-  ph:(800)252.2421 x128 / bfumerol@computerhorizons.com - BF1560  -

	"Logic, like whiskey, loses its beneficial effect
	when taken in too large quantities" -Lord Dunsany

--0-1929661467-906143554=:11861
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--0-1929661467-906143554=:11861--