Date:      Mon, 11 Oct 2010 00:00:28 +0200
From:      Kai Gallasch <gallasch@free.de>
To:        Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Locked up processes after upgrade to ZFS v15

Am 10.10.2010 um 10:29 schrieb Andriy Gapon:

> on 09/10/2010 16:37 Kai Gallasch said the following:
>> I must repeat. I offer my help if someone wants to dig into the =
locking problem. =20
>=20
> Kai,
>=20
> I would like to look into this.
> Can you provide shell access to a system that exhibits the behavior?
> Or even better serial console for remote debugging, if possible.

Andriy, glad to hear this :) I can give you root access and serial =
console access to a secondary server, that also showed the same lockups, =
like the big server.

I'll mail you the details.

> Also, can you first try with the very latest stable/8 or even head?

Yes, I can do so if it's what you want, but wouldn't you loose the =
chance to identify the real reason for the lockups?

If a new kernel with your changes to ZFS sources makes the locking =
situation disappear, could we be sure that the real reason for the =
stuck, unkillable processes was fixed?

My proposal: I'll do my best to trigger the known bug on the current =
kernel and let you know. You have a look at this and when you are done =
gathering data I'll build a new kernel and see if the problem persists.

> I have recently MFC-ed a few improvements to ZFS code.

The server you will connect to runs on a 8.1-STABLE from Mon Oct  4 =
01:19:41 CEST 2010.
So your commits were after Oct 4th?

=
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/cddl/contrib/opensolaris/uts=
/common/fs/zfs/?sortby=3Ddate#dirlist

Or is this the wrong place in the src tree?

Kai.=