Date:      Mon, 9 Dec 2002 16:25:08 -0500
From:      "James A. Arnold" <JArnold@knightridder.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   another weird xmms problem...

What led me to reinstall Xmms was a weird sound problem. When I slide
the sound bar in Xmms the sound cuts out at around 50 percent and
then comes fading back at around 60 percent. At first I though it was
the sound card but a different sound card does the same thing. My
speakers are balanced at 50/50.

I am running vchans with xmms on /dev/dsp0.3 but trying /dev/dsp does
the same thing.

Weird. The new Xmms from the MM directory does the same thing.

Jim