Date:      Tue, 08 Aug 2000 01:56:55 -0400
From:      "Simon" <simon@optinet.com>
To:        "Paul Saab" <paul@mu.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: What happened?

Hmmm... you are not allowed to use a dos boot up disk to boot and upgrade? strange. Uhm, doesn't write cache speed
things up, though? I'm not using softupdates to avoid data loss during crashes (if any should occur). Bad RAM caused
so much problems in the past for us. Took a while to figure out it was RAM. If I could get freebsd box to not crash under
heavy load for 6+ months, I would be the happiest man. Maybe I'm getting there, don't know yet.

Thanks again,
Simon