Date:      Tue, 11 Feb 97 12:57:48 -0800
From:      "That Doug Guy" <tiller@connectnet.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <FreeBSD-Questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   File descriptor information please

	I need information on the relationship between the amount of RAM
in a machine and the total number of file descriptors available, and whether
and how this is related to the maxusers option in the kernel config.  I
understand from "The Complete FreeBSD" that maxusers relates to the
total number of processes, but I'm a little fuzzy on the topic of file
descriptors.  I did a search from the www page on *descriptor* and got
nothing.  A search on descriptor* got me
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook287.html which didn't have the
info I needed.   A search of the mail archives didn't get me anything that
applied to my situation.

	As always, I'm willing to do the research myself if someone can point
me in the right direction, and thanks for any help you can provide.

Doug