Date:      Mon, 09 Feb 1998 14:02:49 -0800
From:      Don Wilde <don@partsnow.com>
To:        Guillermo Gonzalez <guigonza@usb.ve>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How can i ...

> Anybody can tell me how i can install and configure fvwm and fvwm95 ?
> or where can i get the information for that ?

fvwm examples and explanations are in the default file, which is
'system.fvwmrc' in the /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fvwm/ directory. Copy it to
your home directory as .fvwmrc and start experimenting. You'll also want
to work with your .xinitrc file, which is (default) in
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit/xinitrc. Again, you copy to your home as
.xinitrc (note the '.'!). They both work together. Also note that fvwm2
requires some X extensions which have to be loaded first. I don't use
fvwm95, so can't help you there. Don't load xdm until you understand
.xinitrc and .fvwmrc, you'll regret it.

fvwm has a lot of configurability. Don't be intimidated, the only part
you need to tweak is the initialization sequence which is about in the
middle.
--
  oooOOO O O O o * * *  *   *   *