Date:      Mon, 12 Nov 2018 19:15:37 +0900 (JST)
From:      Masachika ISHIZUKA <ish@amail.plala.or.jp>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sendmail blacklistd on 12.0

>   I'm using ports/mail/sendmail with blacklistd.
>
>   In 11.2R, it is working good without UseBlacklist option in
> sendmail.cf.
>   After upgrading from 11.2R to 12.0-BETA[34], blacklistd for
> sendmail is not working without UseBlacklist option in sendmail.cf.
>
>   Is there any change of behavior of APPENDDEF(`conf_sendmail_ENVDEF',
> `-DUSE_BLACKLIST') in files/site.config.m4.blacklistd between
> 11.2R and 12.0-BETAs ?

  Sorry.

  It seems that is not behavior of 11.2R and 12.0-BETAs.
  I found the following mail.

| Subject: sendmail from ports + blacklistd - no further luck?
| From: freebsd-ports@bengrimm.net
| To: freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
| Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 19:20:59 +0100
|
| Can someone confirm (or disprove) that the current version of Sendmail
| from ports (8.15.2_5), explicitly compiled with the blacklistd flag, has
| stopped feeding offending IPs (e.g. those failing do_auth) to blacklistd
| since Jan 3?

  I used sendmail+tls+sasl2-8.15.2_3 on 11.2R and this worked without
UseBlacklist option.
  Then I upgraded to 12.0-BETA3 and sendmail-8.15.2_12 that is not
working without UseBlacklist option.
--
Masachika ISHIZUKA