Date:      Tue, 29 Dec 2009 14:41:49 -0800
From:      Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@gmail.com>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Keyboard - how?

On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 11:49 PM, M. Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com> wrote:
> In message: <200912270746.59264.freebsd-bluetooth@dino.sk>
>            Milan Obuch <freebsd-bluetooth@dino.sk> writes:
> : On Sunday 27 December 2009 07:15:14 M. Warner Losh wrote:
> : > OK.  I must be pathologically dense...
> : >
> : > I've tried to get my apple mini keyboard working with my machine.  I'm
> : > so close.  I'm getting the following messages on the console:
> : >

[...]

> sure hope that vkbd290 isn't going to run me out of memory :)

well, that is how "auto cloning" apparently works. bthidd(8) opens
/dev/vkbdctl basically asking for the first available instance of
/dev/vkbdctl. however, cloning "gets there first" and always gives new
clone. same as if_tun(4), if_tap(4) etc. i never liked that. seems
like something is missing in clone_xxxx api.

thanks,
max