Date:      Thu, 10 Oct 96 14:25:40 +0200
From:      garyj@frt.dec.com
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ldconfig problem

jdp@polstra.com writes:
[snip]
> >     gdb internal error: Memory corruption
> >     Quit (core dumped)
> >
> > This error is not affected by ld.so.hints change.  It happens
> > regardless of whether kaffe runs or not.  So, I guess now we have to
> > do some investigation on gdb.... ;_)
>
> Gdb does that on my -current system too.  I last updated the system a
> few days ago, on October 5.
>
> I copied the -current libc.so.3.0 onto my -stable system, and then
> executed the -current gdb from there.  So that was using the dynamic
> linker and ld.so.hints from -stable, and the gdb, crt0.o and libc from
> -current.  It still got the same error.
>
> I have a feeling that this particular problem is unrelated to the
> dynamic linker.  It's just a feeling, though.  I'm not sure yet.

I'm running a -current kernel from Oct 8 and have been using gdb a lot
lately (I'm making mods to it) and have not seen one problem with it.
Well, no problem which isn't related to my changes, anyway :)

The user-land stuff is older than my kernel, though. That may explain the
difference.

---
Gary Jennejohn				(work) gjennejohn@frt.dec.com
					(home) Gary.Jennejohn@munich.netsurf.de