Date:      Mon, 20 Nov 2000 12:52:18 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Igor Khavin <igor@greyk.kiev.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>, Igor Karpov <jc@karpov.com.ua>
Subject:   Re: make depend fails

In message <3A197896.99E1331@greyk.kiev.ua> Igor Khavin writes:
: Trying to make depend I got
:
: @ -> /usr/src/sys
: machine -> /usr/src/sys/i386/include
: make: don't know how to make agp_if.c. Stop
: *** Error code 2
: Stop in /usr/src/sys/modules.
: *** Error code 1
: Stop in /usr/src/sys/compile/NOVEMBER.
:
: After a number of unsuccessful attempts to build world, as was suggested
: in UPDATING (I have a list of errors, errors where different)I did:
:
: # rm -rf /usr/obj/*
: 	Then removed all directories from /usr/src/, then
: # cd /usr/src/ && make update
: 	after CVSup finished successfully
: # make buildworld
: 	after it finished successfully
: # cd /sys/i386/conf && config NOVEMBER
: 	after it finished successfully
: # cd ../../compile/NOVEMBER && make depend

This is not in updating.  Thus spake UPDATING:

	To build a kernel
	cd /usr/src
	# If you have not already done so, please buildworld here
	# You will also need to update your config file to 4.x.  Usually
	# people tend to start with GENERIC from 4.x and hack from there.
	make buildkernel KERNEL=<YOUR_KERNEL_HERE>
	make installkernel  KERNEL=<YOUR_KERNEL_HERE>
	# Verify that the new kernel works, it will be installed as
	# /kernel