Date:      Tue, 1 Oct 2002 22:15:43 +0100
From:      Michael McGoldrick <mmcgoldrick@linuxdriven.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PCI brokenness

On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 12:48:47PM -0400, John Baldwin wrote:

> On 01-Oct-2002 Michael McGoldrick wrote:
> > 'Me too'
> > Dmesg from working kernel attached, not sure how to get a dmesg from the
> > broken one. :(
> > Send me a mail if any further info would help.
> > (I have built two kernels recently, both have had this problem)
>
> What exact problem do you have.  No PCI devices?
>
> --
>
> John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>  <><  http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/
> "Power Users Use the Power to Serve!"  -  http://www.FreeBSD.org/

Yes, the kernel seems to attempt to mount root right after this line:
device_probe_and_attach: acpi0 attach returned 6
with no pci devices attached. ACPI seems more than a little suspect on this
machine - see dmesg - ACPI power management has never worked. How would I go
about disabling it to test if it is responsible? would
debug.acpi.disable="pci" be sufficient?

--
Michael McGoldrick: mmcgoldrick@linuxdriven.net