Date:      Tue, 16 Apr 1996 23:09:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Brann <jbrann@panix.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org (freeq)
Subject:   Re: dynamic ppp

Barry Masterson wrote...

> On Tue, 16 Apr 1996, David Paul Yeske wrote:
>
> > what should I have in /etc/sysconfig for hostname if I have a dynamic ppp
> > address?

Er, nothing.  If your using either pppd or (preferably) iijppp (a.k.a ppp)
the ip address stuff is resolved at connection time, not boot time.

I have a static address (through the same ISP as Barry...:-)), but even that
has no impact on my /etc/sysconfig.

John

--
Beavis and Butt-Head;  Vladimir and Estragon for the '90s.

finger jbrann@panix.com for pgp public key