Date:      Fri, 15 Nov 1996 11:14:44 -0500
From:      dennis@etinc.com (dennis)
To:        Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
Cc:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Decision in Router Purchase

>If your new ISP does not like a UNIX based router, too bad.  My upstream
>provider has remarked a few times about the relative reliability of our
>CSU/DSU's and routers, apparently they have problems from time to time
>with the stuff they use.

My upstream provider has cisco 4XXXs and 7XXXs and they are always experiencing
problems..downtime, packet loss due to ethernet overloads...etc. The quality
of the
service is more of a  function of the people using the equipment and
designing the
network then the equipment itself, as I assume that there are many using
such high end
equipment with no such problems.

Dennis