Date:      Thu, 02 May 2002 15:00:19 +0200
From:      Eric Masson <e-masson@kisoft-services.com>
To:        Matt Peterson <matt-freebsd@bawug.org>
Subject:   Re: wi hostap mode supported cards list

>>>>> "Matt" == Matt Peterson <matt-freebsd@bawug.org> writes:

 Matt> HostAP mode is currently limited to Prism2/2.5 NICs only. Lucent
 Matt> and Cisco (including OEMs like Buffalo, Xircom) have a different
 Matt> MAC, thus a different (closed source) way for AP (BSS) mode.

All right, that's what I've understood so far.

 Matt> The D-Link 520 works (I'm using this for testing, it ships with
 Matt> recent Intersil 1.3.4 firmware); Warner is using the Linksys
 Matt> WMP11 (both of which are Prism 2.5 OEMs from Gemtek, one just
 Matt> hides its MiniPCI guts). I'm pretty sure the other models
 Matt> mentioned are Prism2. I hear rumors that older firmware builds
 Matt> don't always work well.

Good news, DWL520 will be available in a week or so here.

 Matt> I have an updated wi(4) and wicontrol(8) man page diff in the
 Matt> works; I'm awaiting for Warner to cool down on the commits.

All right.

 Matt> Do note, while AP mode exists in -STABLE now, its still in the
 Matt> very early stages. We've run into some compatibility issues
 Matt> (currently Cisco cards don't seem to assoicate correctly).

That's a case where I could help, I've got an air lmc-352 in the office.

Thanks for your answers

Regards

Eric Masson

PS: Meanwhile, I've found this page :
http://www.personaltelco.net/index.cgi/Prism2Card

--
 Discuter tranquillement avec Michel Guillou???
 Je n'ai JAMAIS vu quelqu'un de plus *facho* que ce type. C'est