Date:      Sun, 20 Jan 2002 06:45:57 -0800
From:      "Mihail Stoyanov" <freemind@mail.bulgaria.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Troubles with installation of glibc 2.2.4

Hello,

My name is Mihail Stoyanov and I'm using FreeBSD as a
desktop OS. I like to keep my system up-to-date but I
encountered some difficulties while installing glibc 2.2.4.
My FreeBSD is version 4.4-RELEASE. When I tried to configure
glibc 2.2.4 I got the following message:
"freemind# ./configure
checking host system type... i386-unknown-freebsd4.4
*** The GNU C library is currently not available for this
platform.
*** So far nobody cared to port it and if there is no
volunteer it
*** might never happen.  So, if you have interest to see
glibc on
*** this platform visit
***     http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/porting.html
*** and join the group of porters"

I would be very glad if you can help me install glibc (my
default version is 2.1.2). Thank you for your time and
consideration.

				Respectfully: M. Stoyanov