Date:      Wed, 27 Oct 2010 13:47:42 -0400
From:      Joe Auty <joe@netmusician.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipfw and outbound IP rules

Hello,

I'm using imapproxy and it is making outbound connections using one of
my IP aliases rather than the parent IP. According to the devs of this
software there is no such option to specify the outbound IP.

Can I create an ipfw rule that will reroute/rewrite requests from one of
these secondary IP into my main IP? This will help make setting up
firewalls on machines that receive this traffic more predictable...

Is there a name for what I want to do so that I can Google this sort of
thing in the future?

--
Joe Auty, NetMusician
NetMusician helps musicians, bands and artists create beautiful,