Date:      Sun, 24 Aug 1997 14:03:58 -0500
From:      mikk0022@maroon.tc.umn.edu
To:        dkelly@hiwaay.net, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with SCSI 2940 when reboot

> > > Whack control-A on next reboot. Enable SCAM in the Adaptec BIOS.
> >
> > Is this specific to the 2940, or is it common to all adaptec cards?
>
> I'd say if you have an Adaptec card, and it has a SCAM option in its
> BIOS, then enable it if you have problems rebooting.
>
> My old pre-ultra 2940's don't have SCAM. And they don't have problems
> with rebooting.

Is there any other name for SCAM?  I have a 1542CF with similar rebooting
problems.  When I boot it up first, it recognizes my two disks (0 and 1),
but not my CD-ROM (5).  It hangs there indefinitely, so I hit reset.  Then
the controller doesn't recognize anything.

The strange part is, I never noticed this until after I upgraded to 2.2.2...
It doesn't seem like it should be an OS problem, since I don't even get
that far.

-Chris