Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 2001 03:12:15 -0500
From:      Lanny Baron <lnb@FreeBSDsystems.COM>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   strangeness with xterm

Hello Fellow FreeBSD'ers,
Since an installation or rather an upgrade to 4.2-STABLE, I have been
encountering problems with X using xterm's. The problem demonstrates itself
when editing files with vi and even when installing apps like mod_php4. It
seems to be linked to the up and down scrolling keys. When scrolling up, many
times vi goes into insert mode and puts in an A and when scrolling down, it
will put in B's and C's. Addtiionally, the number pad keys will not input
numbers but rather letters.

Has anyone else had this problem? Would anyone know how to correct the
symptom?

In my .xsession I have put the following:
stty ospeed 38400
stty ispeed 38400

Unfortunately the above does not help.

Thanks in advance for any help with this issue.