Date:      Wed, 8 May 2002 23:28:13 +0900
From:      mistral@imasy.or.jp (Yoshihiko SARUMARU)
To:        H@Schmalzbauer.de
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.3-GENERIC was the last booting [WAS: CD-Boot hangs onrootmounting MD]

Hi,

H@Schmalzbauer.de wrote:

> > I'm trying to install FreeBSD 4.5-stable-iso from yesterday and I have
> > the same problem like with 4.5-release: After probing the sistem hangs
> > when trying to mount root from md.
> >
> > My box is a VAIO SRX41P with the PC-CARD CDROM. I have no Disk-Drive so
> > unfortunately I can't check floppy-boot.

Try
# echo 'hw.pcic.intr_path=1' >> /boot/loader.conf
then reboot.

or you are booting form install media, stop loader by pressing
space key then try
loader> set hw.pcic.intr_path=1
loader> boot
(Sorry, I don't remember how the prompt is)

If this can't help you, additional hw.pcic.irq=0 may be
required.

--
Yoshihiko SARUMARU
mail: mistral@imasy.or.jp       web: http://www.imasy.or.jp/~mistral/