Date:      Mon, 8 Oct 2001 09:51:55 -0500
From:      Lucas Bergman <lucas@slb.to>
To:        Wayne Pascoe <wayne.pascoe@ehsrealtime.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PIM's

/me thinks, "Maybe he knows some elisp."

> Can anyone recommend a good PIM that I can easily write plugins for?
> I want to have any mails that are generated by MS exchange
> automagically added as appointments.

M-x diary  :)

Seriously, all the Unix PIMs I've seen are Outlook clones, written
with drool-proof electrons, all.  They're good for people trying to
duplicate their Windows installations on top of Unix, but they don't
have the flexibility Unix fans expect.  In particular, most lock you
into a particular mail client.  (If you don't mind CORBA and GNOME, I
think Evolution is built on an abstract framework, but I don't know of
anything built on that framework other than Evolution itself.)

Anyone have a counterexample to the above rant?  :)

Lucas